It’s my birthday and the last year of my 20s!
Within a society so focused on youth, I began thinking about the end of my decade. Have I done enough? Will opportunities still be open to me as I get older? Have I missed my window to discover and pursue my passions?
The answer that’s always behind my doubt is of course I have time. Of course I have opportunities and undiscovered passions and room to grow.
There are lot of teens and those in their early 20s thrust into the limelight with international fame. There are a lot of people striving to live the ‘perfect’ life on social media. It’s overwhelming, intimidating, and can easily turn from inspirational to self-damning. As I reflected on these past 10 years my anxiety gave way to excitement.
It’s like these past years were me writing the rough draft of myself.
My 20s have been a hurricane of emotions, trials, errors, and self-discoveries. I’ve had an amazing ride through with plenty of ups and downs to make it a roller coaster ride worth hanging on for. It’s only recently that I’m finally starting to feel comfortable my skin, my decisions, and my head space. I’m going to fill this final year with so much joy and passion and adventure.
I’m now able to write my story, my life, with full color and confidence.
Looking back on what I’ve done from 20 to 29, I…
- Graduated college with a double major (Fine Art & English Lit)
- Traveled to 20+ states within the US
- Traveled internationally to South Africa and the UK (England & Wales)
- Moved from Orlando, FL to Seattle, WA
- Took my first cross-country road trip (In order to move across country with 3 cats)
- Went vegetarian
- Went vegan
- Began running 5ks
- Started my blog
- Got Engaged
- Got Married
Today also marks the 2 year anniversary of me going vegan!
It hasn’t been easy but it’s been absolutely rewarding. A combination of learning I was lactose intolerant near the end of high school and trying to solve my constant migraines that continued for 8+ years put me on this path that I truly believe is the healthiest way to live. In celebration of my 2 year milestone, I want to share some of my favorite resources.
Where to Eat (Seattle)
- Veggie Grill (Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, San Jose, LA, San Diego, & Chicago)
- Plum Bistro (Capitol Hill)
- Sizzle Pie (Capitol Hill)
- Frankie & Jos (Capitol Hill & Ballard)
- No Bones Beach Club (Seattle, Portland, Chicago)
- Mighty-o Donuts (Ballard, Greenlake, SLU, Capitol Hill)
- Wayward Vegan Cafe (Greenlake)
- Silence Heart Nest (Fremont)
What to Wear
- Matt & Nat (bags & shoes)
- Vegetarian Shoes
- Voute Couture
- Bead & Reel
- Kat Von D Beauty (makeup under the #Vegan section)
- Urban Decay (makeup under the Vegan section)
I can’t wait to live life to the fullest this year and try new things. My goal will be to push myself to do more and put myself out into the world. I can’t wait to take you all on this adventure with me.
Happy birthday to me! 💛